Sunday, June 1, 2014

sunday

 sunday morning jack rested in the kitchen while the girls cooked breakfast.


 after which morgana headed out to show her modern dance to the lighting designer, while chanda and i headed downtown to tribeca again.

 miss irene with her level three students . .

 and with her level four students.

 after the two shows (morgana came to help for the second one, and watched from the "vomitory" outside the dressing room, while i watched from the house-she said all chanda's dance friends were so sweet, telling her when to watch and making sure she could see well).

 mickey's hat . . all the dancers received a cookie.

 we stayed outside for a long time while the girls ate and talked . . 



 and then friends came by so we stayed a little longer . . 

and when we were finally leaving, other friends happened to pass by . . we didn't get home until 8 pm, at which time we were all exhausted and had a cold dinner of steak, salad and black bread.

3 comments:

  1. Is a "vomitory" what one think it is? What kind of dance did they dance? The costumes remind me of forest fairies :). Did Morgana and Chanda dye their hair reddish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eva, a "vomitory" or "vomitorium" is a passageway in a roman amphitheatre that connects an outside entrance to a tier of seats. We were amused to find such an entrance (appropriately labeled) in the college theatre where the show was performed. It's not everyday that one comes across this word :)

      I wasn't permitted to film the dance that Chanda's school did. I've actually purchased a dvd of the show. They have it filmed by a small video company. I'm not sure if I can take an excerpt of it and put it online. The school did a show based on Disney's "Fantasia," and several teachers choreographed for the different levels of students. Miss Irene, Chanda's teacher created a piece for her level three and four students. It was very beautiful, and Chanda and two of her fellow students had small solos. They all did very well. Morgana watched from the wings or "vomitory" since I had bought only one ticket.

      It's funny that you ask about their hair . . Their hair is brown, but has reddish highlights in the bright sunlight . . or in the setting sun as is the situation in the above photo :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation.

      Oh, I think it is against copyright to post something like that. We also had somebody film the real performance and were not able to film ourselves. Actually that is a good thing because otherwise you are just too busy with filming and cannot enjoy the performance anymore.

      I guess I am glad they did not dye their hair :).

      Delete