Wednesday, June 18, 2014

more walking and shopping . .

 my days feel like this to me: big and overwhelming. i did some grocery shopping in the morning while chanda and morgana were at their dance classes, and then i went home to have lunch with morgana and korrina before going with morgana to an acupuncturist's appointment for her allergies.

 and then i met chanda to go with her to onstage dance for soft ballet slippers and tights, and then to chacott for pointe shoes . . 

i should record some of these pointe shoe conversations. they feel so surreal to me: this shoe has a more tapered vamp; this vamp is too wide, this shoe doesn't have much glue, this maker changed the way he tapers his vamp; this maker must have had a bad day because the vamp is much too soft . .

 at 23rd street we heard a bagpipe musician . .


vegetables still needed to be roasted when i got home, so dinner was a bit late . . we also stopped at eataly for a treat. we saw a woman with a clear glass cup of ice cream and coffee: an affogato. we succumbed and now i can't sleep (two shots of espresso). i think chanda is sleeping, however. now she'll insist that she can always have coffee, saying that it doesn't affect her.

7 comments:

  1. I think you should record some of those conversations!! You and I are so alike, coffee late on in the day just spells trouble!!

    Finally catching up with your posts, it has been to busy at this end for my liking, my body cannot cope and begins to protest loudly :-)

    It must be lovely to have K back home and her knitting project is shaping up nicely.

    I always love your photos,especially those in an around the city. Do you tote your big camera with you? I must admit when I am out about I use the iphone camera as the thought of keeping up with two lively kids and lugging a DSLR isn't very appealing!

    Hope you are managing to catch up on some much needed sleep

    San and co xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi san, yes i do tote my camera with me! it's a lot . . if the girls were smaller i probably wouldn't. i do sometimes take pics with my cell phone when the camera isn't with me.

      i hope you are feeling stronger today! too much sewing? or just running after the kids! i find that i go in spurts with the coffee . . i'll drink it every day for a week or so, and then stop completely.

      Delete
  2. It is crazy, once you enter the ballet stores and talk about those shoes. Peter always roles his eyes, just when someone mentions the word "pointe shoes." When you think about it, there are so many people in the world without any shoes whatsoever and here we are discussing all these details when we go out and buy our daughters pointe shoes.

    Do you think the acupuncture will help? I once tried it for my tension headaches, but I had no success.

    We always have somebody right here in the village who plays the bagpipes outdoors on the hill above our house. Very romantic.

    That thin house reminds me of one in Vancouver, but I don't remember where I saw it there. I must check my photo albums.

    I once knew a young Frenchman, who always told me that coffee made him tired. Maybe Chanda is like him. He never drank it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have to laugh when you say how peter rolls his eyes :)

      so many people without shoes, and ballerinas go through a pair of pointe shoes for each performance! it's a little . . absurd.

      here'svancouver's flatiron building :)

      yes, that is what chanda says; that coffee makes her tired!

      i hope the acupuncture helps . . she really wanted to try it.

      i'm glad you have someone who plays the bagpipes outside near you! it's really nice.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's it! Funny, that Chanda feels the same. By the way, did you get my e-mail with the picture book bearing her name?

      When I tried acupuncture it only made me tired, but didn't help. So I went to a chiropractor instead, but that would not make sense for allergies.

      Delete
  3. I love those funny shaped buildings! In your photo it looks incredibly thin!

    I used to be the same way with caffeine but now not so much... I had a really lovely spiced chai the other night after dinner and slept horribly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi megan . . i can't sleep after having coffee either . . maybe chanda will change also when she gets older!

      eva, yes! we did receive the email about the picture book! we couldn't find it at our library, but we did find it online. it's rare that we come across her name. usually it's "chandra."

      Delete