by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Sunday, March 11, 2018
morgana changes her sheets . .
and the sheets have seagulls on them . . they're so pretty.
She should come and teach Jonathan . . . I found four pairs of dirty socks under his mattress!! I have not told him so far and wonder if he will notice that his sock supply has dwindled drastically -- he does not have many to begin with. He left this afternoon and is back at St. Vincent College. We had a wonderful time together, but he is not an orderly person, although I did teach him!
She should come and teach Jonathan . . . I found four pairs of dirty socks under his mattress!! I have not told him so far and wonder if he will notice that his sock supply has dwindled drastically -- he does not have many to begin with. He left this afternoon and is back at St. Vincent College. We had a wonderful time together, but he is not an orderly person, although I did teach him!
ReplyDeleteWhen I feel really frustrated I say to myself, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
DeleteWe do our best!!
"We do our best": That is what Father Jann always used to say when he was still alive :). So far, he has not missed his socks . . .
Delete