Friday, July 9, 2021

neighborhood walk

my neighbor, toni and i, took a walk around the village today . .

we visited a spice store she's frequented often but to which i've never been.



i picked out a bag of fennel seeds and powdered cumin, but not the dried lime today . . 


we then walked to veniero's where we both bought some sweet treats (rainbow, pignoli and jam cookies for me and two napoleons for her).


and then back home via 11th street . . we had a lot of rain last night and this morning, but the sun was out this afternoon (which was pleasant and not at all too hot).

3 comments:

  1. Do you normally buy dried lime? What would you use it for? Is it still hot? We had a huge thunderstorm today, many people lost power, but we were lucky. Jonathan writes that it is 95 degrees in D.C. That is even worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, I don't usually buy dried lime. I guess I was being a bit cheeky :) I'm glad you didn't lose power. The storms have been feeling heavier these past few years. I hope Jonathan gets some cooler days to enjoy DC.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see :). So far, it is very hot in D.C., but his hotel has A.C.

      Delete