by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Thursday, July 15, 2021
dinnertime at kendall's
----
and dinnertime at home . . it was late when i got back and i was glad i had boiled the eggs earlier in the day. it was a quick meal to put together . . and one of my favorite summer dishes.
She does not mind scrambled eggs or even fried eggs, but not boiled ones. My youngest brother Ulf had the same reaction to boiled eggs. Yes, I also like to have plenty of eggs on hand.
Yes, this is a perfect meal. I like to make it in the summer too. Only Miriam hates it, she simply does not like eggs.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's interesting about Miriam and eggs. I depend on eggs as such a go to meal when tired!
DeleteShe does not mind scrambled eggs or even fried eggs, but not boiled ones. My youngest brother Ulf had the same reaction to boiled eggs. Yes, I also like to have plenty of eggs on hand.
Delete