by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
evening walk
we're so thankful for a beautiful evening with a cool breeze . . (the music in the first video is part of the high line's public art and is an exhibit titled the musical brain.)
It was an audio exhibit on the High Line. I looked for an explanation, but couldn't find one on the wall when I was there. I just looked it up now and found that it's called "The Musical Brain." I put a link to it in the post above. I think you're right that it is a saxophone and is very haunting. I loved hearing it and thought it beautiful.
Same here, it got much cooler! Was that a saxophone playing? Very haunting, I thought. And those clouds and the Echinacea, so pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt was an audio exhibit on the High Line. I looked for an explanation, but couldn't find one on the wall when I was there. I just looked it up now and found that it's called "The Musical Brain." I put a link to it in the post above. I think you're right that it is a saxophone and is very haunting. I loved hearing it and thought it beautiful.
DeleteThe musical instrument in the second video is an erhu, I believe. A person was playing it as we walked through the second tunnel.
DeleteAh, thanks! That is interesting. I have never heard of an erhu, funny name.
DeleteIsn't it? It's an interesting word. I should try and remember it for Scrabble or Bananagrams!
DeleteI think it might be hard to remember, though.
Delete