Sunday, December 24, 2017

silent night




it was the fourth day of advent, so we sang our advent songs along with our favorite christmas songs: children go where i send thee, good king wensceslas, people look east, o' tannenbaum, and silent night. then greg read to us the poem a visit from st. nicholas, which he does every year. 

merry, merry christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, the candles! So pretty. We also have red ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to Three King's Day, when we have our final celebration and light them for the last time. Happy Twelve Days of Christmas!

      Delete
    2. Jonathan's 20th birthday! I am doing a new activity for each of the 12 days of Christmas this time. All children have had so much fun with this. My activities are based on the song "The Twelve Day of Christmas" and involve reading, baking, crafting, and chocolate! I have not had a chance to post about it, though. We are doing this for the first time with the "boot wreath" we have. It used to be filled with small presents, one for each day, but now there are "tasks" in each boot. Peter sings the song each day to the children, adding a new day as indicated. Have some more wonderful Christmas days!

      Delete
    3. Oh, this sounds like so much fun! I've always shied away from the pocket wreaths or calendars, because I didn't think I could find enough interesting little things to put in them, but an activity or task sounds perfect!

      Delete
    4. P.S. Happy Birthday to you and Jonathan!!

      Delete
    5. Thanks so much! I just found this in my e-mail :).

      Delete