by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Sunday, December 3, 2017
first sunday of advent
the nature table has changed, dinner is prepared, it's a quiet house with restless cats, and after an advent spiral at the anthroposophical society and a nutcracker rehearsal, chanda and i will sing a few songs and light the first candle of advent.
Oh, you went to the spiral! Ours was last Sunday, but I simply could not manage to go there with Jonathan here and Peter gone. Jonathan had to leave before we could have gotten to the spiral and it takes always an hour to get there. I still have to change our nature table. We have St. Martin on it still. The bunny looks so cute! When is your Nutcracker? Happy first Sunday of Advent.
Hello Eva, yes, the spiral was really nice, but only I got there :( Chanda had rehearsal (and Greg is away in Florida for work), though her injury isn't any better and we're going to the orthopedist today. Chanda did the nature table on Friday to help me with cleaning and straightening up because I had an old friend over on Saturday. I think it's better you stayed home with Jonathan before he left, though I know how hard it is to miss out on a spiral. You could try to do a small one on your own outside maybe, if you cut a few greens? My friend once did one in her yard . . . I don't know where she got the greens, but I was impressed that she did!
So sweet! I finally managed to buy an advent wreath today and so we will light it tomorrow for St Nicholas Day. I am late with everything these days :-) I have just finished my paid work( 9:30pm) and so I'm now off to tidy round, sort out the St Nicholas treats, (I need to find a missing tomten!) and then settle for a spot of knitting to unwind. All of which is totally crazy since i've been awake and up since half six, body clock now out of whack #secondwind! love to you all xxx
Oh, you went to the spiral! Ours was last Sunday, but I simply could not manage to go there with Jonathan here and Peter gone. Jonathan had to leave before we could have gotten to the spiral and it takes always an hour to get there. I still have to change our nature table. We have St. Martin on it still. The bunny looks so cute! When is your Nutcracker? Happy first Sunday of Advent.
ReplyDeleteHello Eva, yes, the spiral was really nice, but only I got there :( Chanda had rehearsal (and Greg is away in Florida for work), though her injury isn't any better and we're going to the orthopedist today. Chanda did the nature table on Friday to help me with cleaning and straightening up because I had an old friend over on Saturday. I think it's better you stayed home with Jonathan before he left, though I know how hard it is to miss out on a spiral. You could try to do a small one on your own outside maybe, if you cut a few greens? My friend once did one in her yard . . . I don't know where she got the greens, but I was impressed that she did!
DeleteIt would be easy to find branches around here because there are so many woods in the area. Miriam did suprise me with a home-made spiral!
DeleteThat is a nice surprise!
DeleteGoogle is not letting me comment as me . . yet I have to manage the comment and allow it to post! So strange!
DeleteSo sweet! I finally managed to buy an advent wreath today and so we will light it tomorrow for St Nicholas Day. I am late with everything these days :-) I have just finished my paid work( 9:30pm) and so I'm now off to tidy round, sort out the St Nicholas treats, (I need to find a missing tomten!) and then settle for a spot of knitting to unwind. All of which is totally crazy since i've been awake and up since half six, body clock now out of whack #secondwind! love to you all xxx
ReplyDeleteOh, how I love unwinding with my knitting! Good luck with the tomten and Happy St. Nicholas Day :) xoxo
Delete