caroling in washington square park . .
but it was so crowded again this year, that we opted to go home and sing together around the christmas tree instead.
i love spying people's brightly lit trees through their apartment windows . .
looking for gyetöst at gristede's in sheridan square . .
finding it at murray's on bleecker street . . and waiting for the herring with dill to come out from the backstock!
back at home: having linguini and clam sauce with korrina.
morgana was impatient to open her christmas eve gift . . which has always been pajamas (a tradition my mom started when my sister and i were little).
chanda picked out the kitty cat wrapping paper from the container store a week or so ago.
korrina's cute space cat backpack . .
her birthday gift from aunt cindy (which she -of course- adores).
a christmas gift from aunt cindy: toffees from london!
morgana is excited to open her toffees, also.
okay! everyone is ready now and has read their hints . .
christmas pjs . .
dessert on my three tier stand from crate and barrel. we have pignoli cookies (made by moi), biscotti (made by morgana) and french chocolates (made by chanda).
relaxing after dinner . .
starting the clean up . .
hiding in the "attic room."





















It all looks very cozy and delicious. Is this the first time you opened gifts on Christmas Eve? It is kind of funny that only Morgana is not looking at her phone after dinner. I was almost ready to get our Christmas presents sent away, but then Veronika needed antibiotics and now Flora is running a high fever all of a sudden. Everything seems to be against us.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Veronika needs the antibiotics again. I hope she is soon feeling better, and Flora too. You must be weary of fevers and coughs. It's because they're still so young. I remember many holiday times when the girls were so ill. I think I have a label under sick days! Hang in there, Eva. I send you love and a big hug!
DeleteThanks so much, Flora is next to me, sleeping. She has been sleeping almost the whole afternoon. I thought we were done with illnesses. Veronika is doing much better tonight. She only has to take the antibiotics for four or five days, the steroids a bit longer. They are really helping. She always gets a "violent" form of all illnesses.
Delete