Saturday, December 9, 2017

a snowy nutcracker

 it was a wet and snowy walk to the train today on our way uptown to see the yorkville nutcracker.

 the neighborhood in snow . . 

and a pic from korrina of her neighborhood in snow . . 

subway xylophone music at the union square station which felt very festive . .

 greg and i were so busy doing last minute house straightening chores that we hadn't eaten lunch, so we had a quick bite at shakespeare and company before the matinee show.

we all met at the theatre, except for my sister and brother-in-law. greg said, we have only one extra seat, where's the extra second seat? i said, chanda is sitting in it!

 i had invited brian's parents to see chanda in the nutcracker at the yom kippur celebration they had in september. they enjoyed the ballet, but maybe we'll have to do this again next year in order to see chanda . . ?!

a walk home through the snow (it was a very wet snow which lasted all day).

the tree at abingdon square.

 and finally a hot meal that was so nice to come home to.

 with delicious pastries brought by our guests.

we had a really nice evening together. after they left, greg washed all the dishes while i dried and put food away. i was just about to crawl into bed when chanda finally came home at 10 pm after the second show of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dorina - what a wonderful day you had! I hope Chandas foot get better soon.
    Do you know that you may have comments on the bloglovin' app that you cannot see on your webpage? My sister told me. I had no idea.
    I hope I will be able to see you in March!
    Love, Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine, It's so good to hear from you. I hope her foot does better soon too. She has auditions coming up :(

      I didn't know about bloglovin'. Is it something just for the phone? I'll have to try and check it out.

      It would be wonderful to see you in March! Please keep me posted, and plan on staying here if you would like! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a lovely treat to spend time with family, those pastries looked delicious.

    Hope the homeschool craft fair goes well oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it should be fine. I better get some sleep now :) Thanks for your good wishes! xoxo

      Delete