Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ice skating and lord and taylor's holiday windows

 morgana and chanda had their first ice skating lesson of the season this morning.

 it was very cold!!! 25 degrees!!

 i usually wear my icelandic sweater, but this morning called for my down coat.

sylvie and morgana . .

 afterwards, we visited lord and taylor's . . 

 their figures were soft cloth this year . . i thought they were lovely, and the clothing was exquisite . . 



 very scrumptious looking!

 chanda is cold and wants to go home . . 

home to hot chocolate and panettone and . . 

the edwardian advent calendar . . today we could create a sampler . . (we've really been enjoying it, san).

6 comments:

  1. We have been enjoying our calendar also :). The snowflakes are a big hit here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so big! they could really clobber one!

      Delete
    2. That's true, but otherwise you couldn't see the pattern.

      Delete
    3. :) yes. i like how they float down . . they're fun to watch . . mesmerizing!

      Delete
    4. People here always are very disappointed when their own snowflake is not among the ones falling down. We have gotten tears about that.

      Delete
    5. Oh my! Yes! I can understand that. I've always been too busy to really pay attention to particular ones coming down. I think I'll have to look . .

      Delete