i think the second nutcracker did us in, because santa lucia's day came
and went without anyone remembering. we celebrated this morning, reading
a story about her life in sicily and the hope and light she spread in
rome for christians hiding underneath a hostile city, in the catacombs.
we also read from our book christmas roses about the vision of
santa lucia bringing a ship of bread and wine to starving farmers on the
night of the solstice. we also watched the links eva had included on
her blog about christmas in europe.
morgana stayed home from her writing class today, and from babysitting, as she had a fever.
korrina came over after work and made dinner . . farfalle with fava beans and pancetta in a cream sauce. i was supposed to make it, but got sidetracked walking through soho . . (after all, christmas is only a week away . . ) of course i thought it was extra delicious because i didn't put it together . .



Hope Morgana is feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteXx
she's better this morning . . just a very stuffy nose now and stuffed up sinuses. it's a snowy morning, which is nice.
DeleteI'm amazed at how many things you manage to celebrate throughout the year! I love 'lusekatter' - the Swedish Saffron breads. I will be going to Sweden with Teresa on Saturday and I hope, they have a few left in the supermarket! They taste sooooo good.....
ReplyDeleteSaffron is . . . divine! I love making the Lüsekatts. I hope you find some!
Delete