madeline wakes us every morning at five with either a low rumbling purr or a very loud meow directly in one of our ears. if either of these greetings don't work, she begins knocking things down: the wooden bowl from thailand that morgana gave me (which sits on the piano), or the small notebooks that sit on the shelf next to greg's side of the bed.
last night i went to sleep in winter pajamas. the night before i went to sleep in summer pajamas. this is just an example of how crazy the weather has been.
chanda is trying to tie up a few loose ends on her dance. i filmed a little of it yesterday evening at the wooster studio, while greg attended a memorial for a high school friend at the mark morris dance cneter (bill wade). in twenty minutes or so, chanda and i will head out to help ellen load a few things into the theatre from the studio. it's very cold and grey outside right now, but it's supposed to get sunny and just a little bit warmer.

I love your curtain! Julius never wakes us, he waits for us to wake up. In the summer he sleeps outside. This new cat is kind of annoying. He has a very penetrating voice and wakes everybody up when he is hungry or wants to go outside. He even comes to our bedroom and throws himself against it to get our attention.
ReplyDeleteOur heat went on last night because it got so cold. After the awful heat wave we have had, this is so weird.
My sister left this morning. We have had a very fulls schedule together with rehearsals, the performance, Peter coming back from Vermont, Jonathan and Charlotte working on campus, and the ordination to the priesthood of one of our friends from the homeschooling group. Now Jonathan is helping to lead a math camp (he did that last year already) on campus and Charlotte is still working. I am pretty exhausted from all this running around.
Have you noticed that Blogger is not sending you e-mails anymore when you get comments? This is really frustrating.
Good luck with your performances. Our girls have some more, but the Saturday was the "real" one.
Hello Eva, oh, poor you with that crazy cat! Julius is so good. Our cats aren't. I would say it's because Julius can go outside, but Kai can also, so that theory doesn't hold up. Yes, you do sound very busy; a happy busy . . but still exhausting. I hope you are getting some rest today.
DeleteThe weather is wacky and Blogger hasn't been up to date for awhile now. When I first got my smart phone several years ago, I was excited that I could blog from the phone with a Blogger app. However, that changed after a year or two, and the iphone no longer supports the Blogger app; or Blogger has not bothered to stay up to date for the iphone (I'm not sure which). I'm not surprised to hear that they aren't notifying about the comments. I do hope this is just temporary, however, and that it gets fixed. Have you tried searching to see if there have been any articles about it? To be honest, I always forget to click on the box to send emails! It's so silly of me.
I have seen messages on the help forum about this, but the issue has not been resolved. I don't know anything about the app, I don't have a phone, but I know that Peter can see the blog on his iPod.
Delete