by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Same here all day, but now it is snowing again! I have read all your other posts, but I am so busy with grading and giving exams that there is not much time for comments. I hope that will change soon.
We had no rain but plenty of grey however, drum roll please ... we are forecast scorching hot weather for the next two days! And then it is back to cold! I really hope those two days do not consitute our summer, that has happened before you know ;-) Big loves San and all xx
Same here all day, but now it is snowing again! I have read all your other posts, but I am so busy with grading and giving exams that there is not much time for comments. I hope that will change soon.
ReplyDeleteWe had no rain but plenty of grey however, drum roll please ... we are forecast scorching hot weather for the next two days! And then it is back to cold! I really hope those two days do not consitute our summer, that has happened before you know ;-) Big loves San and all xx
ReplyDeleteYes, I know! I hope it's just a hint of many more warm summer days for you :) We finally had a really lovely day today . . Saturday.
DeleteIt is all white again this morning!
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable! Today is Saturday and it was really nice. I hope you it was for you too.
DeleteWe had sunshine, but it was still not warm. But the sun felt nice!
Delete