Friday, April 27, 2018

arbor day

i ran out today to visit the old english elm tree in the northeast corner of washington square park. the nyc parks department estimates that it's around 310 years old! look how large it looms amongst the evergreens!

it just towers above everything else!

3 comments:

  1. Greetings from PA! Such a beautiful tree! Did you know that each state used to have its own Arbor Day? It is much warmer here in PA and many trees are blooming. We just got back from Seton Hill's "Dance Spectrum." It was good and Jonathan danced well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see Jonathan dance!

      I didn't know that about each state and Arbor Day. So many trees are blooming here also! It's fun trying to name each one as I see them bloom.

      Delete
    2. I always come across trees I do not know and need to look them up.

      Delete