Monday, February 5, 2018

lunch with korrina and brian

 we had orange lentil soup with yogurt and sautéed spinach for lunch with korrina and brian, who came over around one. then we had french chocolates and green tea and talked with morgana on the cell phone.

 i don't remember what they all talked about with her. we touched briefly on her ski test which needs to be retaken again (all the non-resident austrians, better known as the "foreigners," keep failing). i didn't think she could take it again without re-doing the entire course, but chanda says she can, but not until april! she has lots of practice time ahead of her.


 we played three rounds of "may i" before they headed home.

 for dinner we had vietnamese lettuce rolls (from the around the world cookbook), since i had a fresh bib lettuce in the fridge from the last veggie box.

we all missed having peanuts with it. i completely forgot how tasty peanuts are with rice noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce, pea sprouts, chicken breast . . and lettuce.

2 comments:

  1. Will there still be enough snow in April? What is she doing in between?

    The food looks yummy. There is a recipe with peanut sauce and rice noodles in the Moosewood Cookbook. There might be even two in there. One has zucchini if I remember correctly.

    So nice you got to play some more. Charlotte should teach us now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that recipe in the Moosewood Cookbook! I used to make it quite often (only with buckwheat noodles), but haven't lately. It's very good. I'd like to make it again.

      Morgana is currently teaching several dance classes to children in the area. I'm not sure how much ski teaching she'll be able to get in if she passes in April . .

      Delete