Wednesday, May 16, 2012

ballet class observation day

their teacher, miss lawler, reminds them to lengthen their body. there should be a straight line from your toe to your hand. here the students are working on their rond de jambes.

miss lawler is reminding chanda not to lean forward so much, and to keep her pelvis down.

pirouettes en dehors, with the final one en dedans . .


chassé combination . . 

their end of year performance will be with the students from the school's full day program. they are performing an excerpt from la bayadere, "danse manu." you can see two students from the vaganova school of ballet, angelina armeiskaya who starred in children of theatre street - eva, charlotte and jonathan would really enjoy that movie - and a young zhanna ayupova, perform it here with olga vtorushina from the kirov ballet). chanda and her friend isabella were disappointed not to do it on pointe, but not all of their class is proficient enough yet.


today chanda was not proficient enough. she was in such agony from the audition that she was unable to do the last two combinations in the center en pointe, and settled for demi-pointe.

4 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again, Dorina. I thought something must be seriously wrong. I have been sick for over 10 days now (sinus infection) and am finally recovering (I hope). I will have to check out the movie. Thanks for the recommendation. I will also have to catch up on so many earlier posts!

    I will share your ballet videos with Jonathan and Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello eva, i'm sorry you've been so ill. i often get sinus infections during the winter that don't completely clear 'til spring. they just linger. i hope you've been able to get some sleep. but of course there is always so much to do!!!! thinking of you and sending healthy thoughts your way :) hugs . .

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Dorina. Mine always turn into very painful headaches or earaches. I had never had these problems until I turned 40! Now I have been getting them almost annually. That is so strange! I use all the home remedies you can think of, but they still get so bad that only an antibiotic helps. This time I got an antibiotic I hadn't even heard of. (For me antibiotics mean penicillin). I have always been a natural health type of person, but I guess I have to admit that sometimes something stronger is a good thing. I have been able to take a daily nap for many days now so that should help too.

      Delete
  2. Our library has the movie, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete