we had a beautiful day for traveling. we came up to connecticut as my dad is in the hospital again. we visited him in the afternoon and then took my mom to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants here.
they specialize in italian and greek food. my mom had baked eggplant and i had melanzane with mixed vegetables. we were all so hungry and ate every bite. the owner remembered when i was last there with korrina in late summer.






Sorry to hear about your dad. Is it the same reason he was in the hospital before? It must be very stressful for your mom.
ReplyDeleteWe also had blue skies, but it was very cold yesterday. Miriam, Veronika, and I were outside almost all day and by the end we all felt like a piece of ice, Jonathan and Charlotte were more lucky, they could stay inside (although it was not heated in their buildings.) We drove home in the dark, and I am very proud that I did not confuse all those little country roads and made it home safely. There are basically no signs and you have to know where you are going.
Happy Palm Sunday!!
I'm proud of you too! That's very good driving and not easily done. That was a really long day for you.
DeleteIt was, while the girls were making their tin ornaments, I almost fell asleep, sitting there with Flora (who was too little to do it) and listening to all the hammering. It made me very tired. And I do not like driving these country roads around here in the dark. You never know where the street ends and the ditch begins . . .
Deleteyes i agree. i really do not like driving at night anymore and these roads are not as dark as yours. that was a tough day for you, and you drove around a lot today (monday) too? i hope you're sleeping right now!
DeleteYes, we did drive around a lot and came home in the dark, but not awfully late. All this driving is kind of exhausting. Tomorrow we have a 30 minute drive to get to church. There is just one Mass for all the churches tomorrow and it is not hour church where it is celebrated. It is too bad that it does not start until 7:00 p.m. Flora will be cranky by the time it is done.
DeleteI don't think I was sleeping when you typed your reply. But I did go to be before midnight.