Friday, March 11, 2016

crocuses and studio time

 suddenly all the crocuses are up!

 working on a new dance for the spring recital . . 



there are three possibilities . . 






which music is your favorite? can you guess which is mine?


10 comments:

  1. We will decide tomorrow :). Jonathan is doing the Bluebird pas de deux for our spring show case. He and his partner practiced today for the first time. He thought it went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so wonderful! We love the Bluebird pas de deux! Such beautiful music and dancing :) He must be having fun with it.

      Delete
    2. He picked the piece out himself (his partner was more or less indifferent about which piece to do). Now he is looking for a costume, it is really hard to find a good one that is not too expensive because he has to pay for it himself. They did find one for her, though, that will work. Why is it always the male costumes that are so hard to find?

      Delete
    3. I don't know! It seems so strange . . and frustrating!

      Delete
    4. Maybe it would be easier in Europe?

      Delete
  2. Oh, and the first picture with the crocus is a really good photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The light was very good that day.

      Delete
  3. I guess you like the first or third music better. The second sample was so short, so it is hard to know. To me, the first one sounded very Asian and I did not think the dance movements Chanda was doing matched that type of music. I picture something very different when just listening to the music. I also thought it was very repetitive (the music) and somewhat boring. To be honest, I also did not like the third choice so much, but I thought it worked better with the dance steps than the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do prefer the third one. I think she has chosen movements that are different for her and that fit a little better with the movement. The first is a bit repetitive so I'm surprised that she likes it so much . . but she does :) I'll have to post more of the middle one next time. It's not so bad, but not as exciting as others she has worked on.

      Delete
    2. Is it going to be part of a group dance?

      Delete