spring is here and today i finally composted the dying plants on my windowsill and replaced them with daffodils that i bought from abingdon deli yesterday. they look pretty and it feels good to have it done, as i've been thinking about it for weeks.
greg was home today and i dragged him into the kitchen with me to troubleshoot the oven. guess what? the oven decided not to smell like burning plastic after all and i was able to bake a soda bread, which i'm very happy about.
chanda worked on the computer with math (khan academy) italian (duolingo) and a lesson page for chemistry. she also practiced the violin today and played a piece from last year, which was something else that made me happy today.
we also listened to eva ibbotson's dragonfly pool with the audible app on my iphone. i don't know how we got started on dragonfly pool when we should be listening to jane austen or sarah orne jewett as part of a literature curriculum, but i love this story and am determined to listen to the end (which should hopefully not take too long).
we had tea and soda bread while listening . .
and chanda did her hair for ballet . .
and i worked on my portland pullover (which i would like to do a separate post about).
i also put up the whitsun mobile . .
and changed the nature table from king winter presiding over ice and snow . .
to spring gnomes and shepherdesses and goose girls watching over their wooly and feathered friends.
dinner tonight was leftover shepherd's pie that chanda had made while i was away.
and then we played clue!
and chanda won which she was very, very happy about (she also made us watch the movie inception about which i complained incessantly for being too violent but whose story was interesting).














Lovely, flowers! Our daffodils are almost ready to bloom (outside). Isn't it a bit early for the Pentecost birds? There are 50 days of Easter after all . . .
ReplyDeletePeter is back and college has started up again, so there is much more to do again.
Yes, but I still had up Valentine hearts! I guess I need an Easter mobile.
DeleteWelcome back, Peter! Good luck with all the classwork preparation.
I guess so, maybe some wooden Easter eggs hanging from a branch?
DeleteP.S. It was good to see Peter again.
Delete:) Eva, this is a good idea. I actually have many blown out pysanky eggs that I never put up because I worry that the cats will break them . . but they would make a beautiful Easter mobile.
DeleteThat would look very pretty.
Delete