the sun came out and dried up all the snow . . .
by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Monday, March 21, 2016
beautiful afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is a beautiful picture, Dorina! Your food sounds good. My friend told me that she also had snow on the ground this morning (she lives 15 minutes from here), but we did not. It was just cold and grey.
ReplyDeleteHa, I just saw a mouse run through the dining-room . . . ! Need to get the trap.
oh no! where's that julius!
DeleteHe almost got it, but then Jonathan came downstairs and now it is gone again. I think it is in our bedroom and Julius wanted to go outside. The trap is set, though.
Deletedoes jonathan take care of the traps when something is caught?
DeleteOh, these are "friendly" traps. They do not kill, just catch. Normally Peter drives the mice to the meadow behind the fire department, but now I will have to do that (if we catch it).
Deleteoh yes, that's right. i think i remember you mentioning that now. we used to use them in brooklyn.
DeleteWell, I guess if I had a mice invasion or rats, I would use something else, but so far this one has worked well. I know that the people who lived in this us before us did have a rat. I am sitting here in the living-room waiting for the mouse to appear. I just let Julius in, but he has wandered upstairs, I am afraid.
Delete