by day the blue will pale down into white where it touches the white of the land, after sunset it has a new circumference-orange, melting upwards into tenderest purple. but the core of blue persists, and so it is by night. then the stars hang like lamps from the immense vault. the distance between the vault and them is as nothing to the distance behind them, and that farther distance, though beyond colour, last freed itself from blue. -e.m. forster (a passage to india)
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
meteor gazing
here is google's perseid meteor shower doodle and don't forget to look at the sky tonight.
That is a pretty doodle, isn't' it? We noticed it this morning. Unfortunately, we have had rain almost all day long today. Actually, our basement/garage is partly flooded. We have to do something about that tomorrow.
If it's not one thing, it's another!! Good luck dealing with the basement and garage. I hope it's not too much of a mess. Don't do too much!!! Let the others do it. You still need to be careful.
No, Peter would not let me, he gets afraid when I carry my plate into the kitchen, but I do think I can carry a plate again. I don't carry anything heavier than a plate and do take good care of me, though. I have an appointment with the surgeon in about a week to see how things are healing. I know that I have not completely recovered and I do sneak in a pain killer or two once in a while, but nothing like it was at the beginning.
That is a pretty doodle, isn't' it? We noticed it this morning. Unfortunately, we have had rain almost all day long today. Actually, our basement/garage is partly flooded. We have to do something about that tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteIf it's not one thing, it's another!! Good luck dealing with the basement and garage. I hope it's not too much of a mess. Don't do too much!!! Let the others do it. You still need to be careful.
DeleteNo, Peter would not let me, he gets afraid when I carry my plate into the kitchen, but I do think I can carry a plate again. I don't carry anything heavier than a plate and do take good care of me, though. I have an appointment with the surgeon in about a week to see how things are healing. I know that I have not completely recovered and I do sneak in a pain killer or two once in a while, but nothing like it was at the beginning.
DeleteI'm glad to hear this! It is going well then with you :) I will keep you in my prayers for a continued good recovery.
Delete