Monday, February 24, 2020

crocuses, snow drops and ice cream

 today was an incredibly warm and beautiful spring day. i wore a sweater under my down vest. no hat, no gloves. i met my friend on 8th street to interview a pediatrician with her. she will be adopting a child soon and has several pediatric offices to visit. after the interview and lunch together, i walked to a pet store in soho looking for a specific toy for pluto (which they no longer had) and then i walked home again along 11th street looking for those harbingers of spring . .

 snow drops . . 

 and crocuses.

 i also stopped for an affogato with burnt honey vanilla ice cream at morgenstern's.

they have such delicious ice cream with interesting flavors.

i waited for greg to come home from work by the bike rack not far from our apartment. the air was very chilly and my hands grew cold. i was reminded of all the spring evenings i would play outside as a child in the cool night air with the earth slowly beginning to warm again.

4 comments:

  1. Ice cream! That is hard to believe. You found snow drops! What toy were you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how I can no longer find this particular toy, even on Amazon! It was a long tiger print velour piece of fabric attached to a wand with feathers at the tip of the fabric. We would make it wiggle on the floor and he loved attacking it. Just now I found some very nice long felted snake toys from Germany on Etsy! You can see it here. It may be a little long as they say it can be used for a skipping rope, but I think it will be alright.

      Delete
    2. Ah well, I think that toy is a little expensive to get right now! I just found a cheaper one . . I think I'll check a different pet store on 14th Street before ordering the cheaper one online. It's called "a snake teaser toy."

      Delete
    3. That is pretty, I was just wondering if the different color parts might come apart after a time, though. Sometimes grocery stores have those toys as well.

      Delete