Friday, July 20, 2018

destination . . london


 breakfast by the river lea . . 

narrowboat moving time . . 

----

greg is barking at me that we need to go . . we're on our way to long island this weekend . . to check on my mom's house.

5 comments:

  1. She made it! You must be relieved. So she is not doing an intensive in London, but in Prague? Peter is going to Prague soon, he is trying to learn some Czech.

    I am in Chili, NY, waiting for summer camp to end for the day. I have been doing some homeschooling planning and bathtub remodeling research here. This bathroom stuff is so complicated!

    I need to drive to the museum village soon, back to my planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bathroom planning! We need to do some home improvements soon too. Is Peter going to Prague this summer? I hear it's very beautiful!

    I used to spend days just like you in Sturbridge! I would go to the local library and plan out the following year's homeschooling and then go pick up Morgana or Chanda from volunteering :) Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he is going in the fall. My grandmother has been there and liked it a lot.

      I am back home, putting a meal into the slow cooker and going to bed soon. I was going to post some pictures, but my camera does not want to connect to the computer tonight.

      It was very strange to be all by myself today, after I had dropped off the three girls. This rarely happens. It was hard to find a library that was not too far and that was open in the morning. On my way back to the museum village, I missed my turn and ended up somewhere else. I had to turn around and drive back. I just got all those corn fields mixed up and thought I was still on the right road :).

      Delete
    2. Oh, that's funny! I am sure I would be very confused with all those cornfields! :)

      I haven't used my slow cooker in awhile as it broke! I've been considering getting a multicooker . . have you heard of them? I think they're the latest newfangled kitchen gadget. (I also never realized that "newfangled" is one word!)

      Delete
    3. I did not lost my way today and was back to pick them up much earlier.

      Do you mean an Instant Pot? I have a cookbook for one from the library and what you need to do to use it sounds quite complicated. I don't use my slow cooker often, but for a week like this, it is perfect! I think meals made in a slow cooker lack flavor. I cannot imagine that an Instant Pot would be much different. I think it is a pressure cooker combined with a slow cooker. My mother uses pressure cookers all the time and I never liked them. However, she does not like to cook and uses them to save time. I guess I never thought about how to spell "newfangled." I don't really use the word :).

      Delete