Wednesday, June 17, 2015

knitting, sewing and cooking

chanda made an end of year gift for the two girls she babysits for . . 

two knitted bracelets with leftover verdant gryphon yarn . .  (well, i helped and made the purple buttoned one)


 and we listened to one of korrina's christmas gifts while sewing and knitting (c is still working on a costume for janet . . ) 

we listened and watched two lectures from the great courses: history of cooking.

 dinner this evening was lentil burgers . .

the lentils were mixed with peas, an egg, cornmeal, sautéed mushrooms and shallots and garlic, but our mix was too watery.

 i think we didn't drain the lentils well enough. it was difficult to flip them.


we ate them on a bed of lettuce leaves with lemon basil mayonnaise (diced basil leaves and grated lemon rind) . . 

back in the costume shop in the evening . . 

there's always something to add to this dress!

4 comments:

  1. Cozy activities at home..... You always make so delicious food! I love Greg's photos from London, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, these were a little mushy . . maybe we should re-do them :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely knitted gifts. The lentil patties look good, I have a great recipe for a chilli lentil loaf. Next time I make it I'll take a picture and share the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that sounds good. I'd love to know it :)

      Delete