Friday, March 27, 2020

tomorrow is saturday

 the magnolia tree outside our living room window is beautiful now. the late afternoon sun gives it such a soft glow.

 greg won a round of bananagrams, after we had a dinner of leftover stew.

 chanda and i kept working on our letters to see if we could use them all.

 almost . . 

after bananagrams, we wanted to watch something funny, so chanda chose the chocolate babka episode of seinfeld, and it didn't disappoint. i don't think i ever saw that one, even though it was from 1994. i was too busy taking care of korrina in 1994 (she was born in '93). greg says he remembers seeing it, however. he probably watched it at my mom and dad's, since we didn't have a tv.

----

my neighbor wrote a letter to the board today, lambasting them for allowing the work in aparrtment 3A, and also for allowing a moving day for them, which she learned today has been scheduled for next week. she just found out about it this afternoon. and soundly chastised them for endangering our health, and for not informing anyone in the building. i had written two letters earlier in the week, and i'm glad my neighbor's has been added to the pile. her's had the perfect accusatory tone with all the proper points being made about our well being and the health crisis, and assuring our safety.

i better try to get some sleep now . . last night sleep was elusive.

7 comments:

  1. Your magnolia is so beautiful! Ours has not opened up yet. That problem with the apartment 3A is just awful! I just read that De Blasio threatens fines for not paying attention to social distancing. Maybe that threat would help? We have those Banagrams, I have never played the game, though. Maybe Flora would like it (a simplified version)? I should go and investigate.

    Please, get some sleep! That is so important. I hope the smell is not so bad anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is completely gone now. Thanks, Eva. Chanda likes the Bananagrams, but not Scrabble. I enjoy both.

      I know. Perhaps I should report them to 311. I'm hoping my neighbor's later felt threatening enough to them.

      Delete
    2. I hope so too! This is such a frustrating situation. Our neighbors behind our house had two friends over for a barbecue last night. I am not sure if those two people live in the same house, but I doubt it. They are all students. We did not investigate, but thought it was a bit irresponsible as well.

      Delete
    3. Sadly, we cannot be entertaining . . having parties, dinner dates, but people don't understand that or don't want to. I wish our government would take a stronger stand.

      Delete
    4. Hi Eva, I mean stronger in recognizing the problem and helping the states work together in terms of limiting travel to stop the spread, and figuring out what supplies will be needed where, etc.

      Delete
    5. I guess there simply is not enough manpower to stop all the traveling, gatherings, etc. I read that people in Buffalo are fed up with staying at home and now flock to the stores that are essential stores (like Wegmans) although they don't have to go there. They just want an outing. As long as people behave like that, the spreading will never stop.

      Delete