Tuesday, March 3, 2020

a coffee and flower shop

 
 i took the bus to meet korrina for coffee and tea at a cafe around the corner from her japanese class at the japan society. it's an interesting place because it's part cafe, part florist. (i also gave her an extra echinacea/goldenseal tincture i had . . yes, we're stocking up on those immuno supports - i'm drinking echinacea tea as i write this and i've had my vitamin c today also).

orange rooibus tea and a decaf cappuccino with oat milk.


 everyone must want to buy this cactus (hence the little not for sale tag). i know i did.

 renunculus flowers . . (which korrina correctly identified).

i walked down to 42nd street with her in the rain (the day started out so sunny and warm) and then walked through grand central and home along madison avenue, through madison park to 23rd street and sixth avenue, stopping at michaels and lionbrand in search of size 17 and 15 double pointed needles.

it was a cold and wet walk home.

11 comments:

  1. We had snow yesterday, but not today. Aren't Ranunculus flowers related to buttercups? I bought some elderberry gummies for Jonathan and Charlotte today to take back to college on Sunday. I also gave all children cod liver oil today. There are no cases in Western New York so far, but I assume it is just a matter of time, especially with all the students coming back from spring break . . . .Our college has a emergency plan in place, but we have no hospitals around here that could treat patients like that. I have no idea what they would do. My sister lives in the state with the most cases. She and her family might be put under quarantine because there might be somebody in her building who has the virus. So far, all German cases (there are over 500 now) have been mild, unlike Italy. That cactus is cute! Is it blooming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that cactus amazing? Yes, I think it is.

      I don't think there's much the hospital can do unless you are really compromised. I think it's like having the cold or the flu and being home is the best, where family members can look out for you and make sure you get the foods and teas that heal you the best. The only part that worries me is getting out to get food if needed . . like fresh vegetables, fruit and maybe a chicken to make soup.

      Delete
    2. I always wonder how people who are quarantined get their food.

      Delete
    3. I think I remember reading that in China they had people who would check on the quarantined residents and bring them what they needed. I guess that's what we would do . . (sigh) Good night, Eva! :)

      Delete
    4. Yes, I guess that is true, but in rural areas like here? I doubt that that would be possible. It would be so hard to find everybody and we have so many seasonal highways.

      Delete
    5. Yes, that's true, and that's why I don't think it would be necessary for you . . not as many people on top of each other.

      Delete
  2. We are trying to stick up on a few extras, I read that having a fortnight's supply of basics, frozen veg/ meat and medical supplies is useful. Praying that Ben will be ok as diabetics are on the list of high risk. We have herbal supplies and the usual round of vitamins etc xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what everybody is doing here, especially toilet paper! Some stores have started to restrict the number of items you can buy at once now.

      Delete
    2. I thought the stores might do this . .

      Delete
    3. Yes! I've been thinking of you and Ben and wondering what immunity boosters you were taking. We've been doing the same with herbal supplies and vitamins.

      Delete