Wednesday, January 25, 2017

lemon curd, chocolates, and marshmallows

 chanda returned on a rather stormy monday. it rained and the wind was very fierce. i listened to it howl past the courtyard window while i checked on the progress of her flight throughout the day. 

 she brought home lemon curd, one of our favorite treats from fortnum and mason in londontown.

 and i'm still eating my christmas chocolates.

in the evening when everyone had returned from work, babysitting and dance class (and a history class for chanda), we had hot chocolate with . . 

homemade marshamallows from a bakery/coffee shop in tribeca. i was going to have morgana get more today when she visits with her friend, but i think it's really time to stop with the sweets. i've been waking up feeling way too sad . . of course the current state of the union doesn't help.

8 comments:

  1. It is wet and grey here, so maybe she left just in time. We did not even go for a walk today, just ran some errands to a local store. I am going to be now, I have nothing exciting to report today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet dreams eva :) most of the time i like just being cozy at home, especially on grey and rainy days.

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot, it is almost time to go to bed again, well not quite. I will start grading some German student stuff now. Charlotte is working on French, Jonathan is somewhere in Hampstead doing ballet, Miriam is reading science, Veronika is reading some library book (I do not now which one), and Flora wants an apple before going to bed soon. Peter is preparing his three-hour lecture for tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. Hello Eva, It's nice to hear how busy everyone is :) A three hour lecture is long! I hope your German students did well :)

      Delete
    4. Well, they do take breaks during the lecture. I think my students did well.

      Delete
    5. They have a good teacher :) xo

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing the Christmas pudding tea cosy in action! You can make Lemon Cheese/Curd :-). I think sugar can definitely depress the body and immune system but also what is happening in our respective countries is just plane awful. Sending a hug xx

    ReplyDelete