Wednesday, September 24, 2014

wednesday goings on

 korrina slipped in from school late last night . . i was half asleep but i think i asked her what they had worked on and she said more knife skills and that they were late in cleaning up (cleaning up all the diced onions, carrots, celery, peppers . . fingers?) . . 

 this morning chanda was practically bouncing up and down in her chair, aching to tell me all about korrina's latest school news. korrina is one of the quickest in her class with her knife skills, and she is also right up there with the biggest cuts. when she slips, if she slips, it's a doozy. her chef sent her to the clinic across the street (how convenient!!) where the nurse on duty was happy to have some action and to sew up her finger with five stitches. when korrina was leaving to return to school, she said another student was coming in . . she also said that the clinic gets a lot of workers coming in from eataly . . !

 reviewing angles . . 

 still working on my scarf . . 

chicken pot pie for dinner . . it was good!

17 comments:

  1. That is a weird looking band-aid! Is it all stiff? I hope she will more careful. As a cook you need five fingers! I like your scarf colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It looks like what you would put on for a sprain. She has to go back in a week or so to have the stitches removed.

      Delete
    2. Does she have to take antibiotics? I am chatting here, but I do need to look at what I will teach my German students tomorrow. So I think I should maybe try to locate my German book.

      Delete
  2. Charlotte is doing "Waltz of the Flowers" and also "Merlitons Variation."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so nice! She's going to really enjoy it. Lots of pointe work!?

      No antibiotics which she was happy about.

      Delete
    2. Lots of pointe work? I will have to ask her, I think she is not yet sure.

      Delete
  3. Amazing that she does not need antibiotics! I always think that every wound in this country requires an antibiotic :). So nice that some people are still careful with them.

    Just finished my planning for tomorrow, at least for my morning class. We will talk about family relations, that is always fun! We are also doing verbs with stem-vowel changes. That is quite complicated for many students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! German can be a bit complicated :)

      One reason why I like our family physician so much is that he understands how I don't like to use antibiotics as liberally as most Americans :)

      Delete
    2. That is a wonderful doctor to have. There should be more like him.

      Flora is still not asleep. She took a long nap this afternoon and now cannot fall asleep. These days without Peter are hard for her. He always has some special things he does with during my teaching time, but now she has to come to class with me. That is not so exiting. I also have to take her to my evening class at 7:00 p.m. because the older children have ballet during that time. That is way too late for her. I am glad when Peter will be home again to pick up his part of our rhythm. When she has those "strange" days, she tends to take naps and then stay up way too late. But without a nap she is very cranky.

      Delete
    3. I remember Chanda having to come along with us to Korrina's ballet classes when she should have been home taking a nap. The youngest often gets dragged around places when they should be resting or playing quietly at home. It's difficult. Good luck getting through until Peter gets home . . . I'm sure she will be fine during the class and you can have her speak German to the students. They will find her so charming! I bet they love her!

      Delete
    4. Funny, I just noticed that you had a similar post title yesterday to my title :)! Oh the students are always amazed when such a little one speaks German. In my course last year, whenever we watched a video and the students did not catch the answer, she would give it! They always laughed. She just gets bored after a while. The class is 65 minutes long. I always take things along to entertain her, but still. Normally I also have Miriam and Veronika there to keep an eye on Flora. Yes, you are right about the little ones always getting dragged along. I remember how careful I was with the older ones to not take them places all the time. Flora has not choice.

      Good night again.

      Delete
    5. Oh, and Flora is asleep now, but I think I just heard Jonathan. He already said good-night, but he does not fall asleep easily. He never did as a baby and he still does not.

      Delete
    6. That is true! I just had the visit of a gigantic spider in our bedroom! I do not like those in my house. I caught it and asked Jonathan to take it outside. Good he is still up!

      Delete
    7. That's funny. We move spiders outside too :)

      Delete
    8. Maybe it is the German way.

      Delete