we spent saturday at home, but on sunday we hopped in the car and drove out to see nana and nonno for the reminder of the labor day weekend.
we didn't get to the beach on sunday . . but we did on monday . .
and it was, finally, a real beach day: sunny and hot.
chanda and i were in and out of the water four or five times . .
and for once this summer everyone else was swimming too. on cool days the people who brave the water are few and far between. it's just too cold when you come out! during the two weeks prior, when chanda and i were here, we would change shortly after we came out of the water. it was that cool.
i'm always amazed at the cloud formations . .
they're constantly shifting . .
nonno brought nana down to sit on the beach with us, one of her favorite pastimes . .
i sketched a beach pea flower and leaf . .
and began a new knitting project . .










I wish I could have joined you, but I was teaching. Looks like a great day!
ReplyDelete