Saturday, September 27, 2014

cleaning windows and ballet shoe shopping

 today greg and i cleaned windows. to do this he takes out the bottom section and i clean it in the hallway. then i clean the screen in the bathtub . . while he squeegees the top section.

when it's window cleaning day, i'm glad we only have four of them.

 then greg went off to watch his florida state football game, and i went with chanda to get her new ballet slippers at onstage dance on madison avenue.

 adding it all up . . (i don't look anymore . . i just sign).

 the light was beautiful on the way home . . 

 the new new school building at fifth avenue and thirteenth street . . 


 in front of parsons school of design. . 

and dinner . . fresh bread, cream of mushroom soup and spinach/kale salad.

3 comments:

  1. We really have to clean our windows, but we have so many and they are so old. How do you get the bottom part out? I don't even know if you can do that here. We also have "double" windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has so many windows to clean also. She has the regular ones and storm windows. She has eight front windows (top and bottom floors), three side windows, and four top windows in the back. then along the back bottom she has three windows and a sliding glass door. I can never complain about cleaning my windows . . she just rolls her eyes at me :) To get our bottom window out Greg rolls it up as far as it will go and then clicks a bar on either side which releases it. Then he carefully slides it out . . It's quite heavy! My sister never takes her windows out . . but she can go outside to clean them ..Living on the fourth floor we can't do that :) (Have you been clicking the notify me box for replies to the comments?)

      Delete
    2. I don't think most of our windows come out. There is no place to click, at least not downstairs. I should check upstairs. What do you use for cleaning, Windex? I guess your sister's windows sound like ours. Yes, I am getting updates now again when you reply to a comment. I have always clicked that little box, but for a while, I did not get a notification that you had replied. I think something was wrong. Maybe it was just gmail? Or just this laptop, it is not the best and needs regular visits to the helpdesk.

      Delete