korrina went off to her school's library today to research saffron. she had a choice between that and black pepper . . she asked chanda and i which one she should choose. we both said . . saffron (and i usually do sing the donovan song in my head).
chanda and i made "wonder" bread from a recipe a friend gave me a few years ago. i have no idea what book it's from, but it's very good.
the dough was very gloopy . . but it baked well . . (it rose really high).
greg and i worked hard all day in the back bedroom . . sorting items to go to salvation army, items to go to fiber recycling, and items to go into the trash. we still have some work to do, but we did make a big dent in the piles of stuff that had accumulated. soooooo . . afterwards, we visited minerva to feed and water her (and i locked the keys inside the apartment!), and then we went to a new restaurant in the neighborhood . . hamilton's. it's like an old ice cream shop. greg was offered a free second milk shake! we have no idea why. i guess they just made some extras to hand out. maybe someone new was training.
chanda met us after ballet class . . she had a chocolate ice cream soda with vanilla ice cream . .
i had the same thing but with chocolate ice cream . .
chanda liked the sidewalk graffiti . .
we're a little apprehensive about this place lasting . . the rents are very high in our neighborhood and we don't see how they can keep up if people are just buying ice cream . . but maybe they get a big breakfast crowd. i wonder, also, because i know the owner of a restaurant that used to be in this same location. she had to leave because the rent went up too high . . she had an italian place . . we still miss having her here.









I still have to decide about the clothing, I have not had a chance. I will get to it, though! Hamilton is a shoe store around here :). Funny about the milk shake.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also think that saffron is the way to go!!
ReplyDeleteI love saffron! Do you ever cook with it?
DeleteI'm glad you mentioned about the clothing! i was wondering if you got that email. I thought maybe with all the photos that it was too large of a file for your inbox. You know, I can just put it all in a box . . and you can just give away what you don't use.
Yes, I do. Not very often because it is so expensive, though. I sent you an e-mail about the clothing, did you get it?
Delete