chanda has been asking for a few days now to walk along the highline. we hadn't been since . . september. we needed to visit a shop in chelsea called three tarts to pick up a gift i had ordered for my friend's birthday, so afterwards we walked to 20th street and 10th avenue and came home along the high line (after a respite at la bergamote for a pear tart and a strawberry tart). these are a few of the pictures we took. we couldn't believe the woodland crocuses were already blooming. new york city has not had a winter this year.






it was a very bright and sunny day. construction had begun just to the west of this picture, between the high line and west street. the whitney museum is being built, along with a headquarters for the high line.
No crocus here yet, but the first snowdrops are coming through! I like your picture! I'm still wearing my down coat. I'm sure I will have to put up with it for a while longer around here :)
ReplyDeletethanks, eva. to enjoy a white winter, i may have to move north one of these days.
ReplyDelete