Friday, November 25, 2011

friday

we spent the morning reading, and the afternoon knitting for the craft fair. morgana made needle felted snails and two bags. chanda is making gnomes. i was knitting a scarf as a birthday gift for a friend of theirs, but i fell asleep, so i slept the afternoon away . . it was nice having an afternoon that i could sleep away! it's time now to figure out if i need to make a new pumpkin pie or a gingerbread for my family tomorrow . . i don't think i have all the ingredients . .

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are well rested to do the baking tomorrow. Is it warm in the city? We are working on Christmas presents this week. I would like to have them finished soon because the deadline to send gifts to Europe is December 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello eva, i can't believe how close it is to christmas. i haven't started my mom's calendar i usually make for her on shutterfly. it's very time consuming uploading the photos. good luck with your gifts. (today it was 55 degrees, tomorrow it's supposed to be 60!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we had 65 degrees this morning. Yes, those calendars are complicated. Last year we received empty calendars from Germany. You can just glue your pictures into them. Very simple, but I haven't seen them here. You can also draw or paint into them. We did that as children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - the craft fair. I would love to visit some time! (Maybe next year?)
    I hope you feel well rested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A chance to sleep, how lovely!!!

    Christmas calendars we will be sorting those within the next week or so, we made them last year using a service local to us and they were well received by family members.

    Hope you have a lovely time with your family this weekend.

    San xoxo

    ReplyDelete