Thursday, December 15, 2022

a very rainy day

it was a wet walk home after vision therapy and the handle gave out on the paper bag i was using to hold several gifts that were picked up along the way . . so it was not easy carrying the bag home clutched in my arms while i held the umbrella in one hand . . or the other hand when the one hand got too tired . .

and the salvation army people have been having a lot of fun these past few days with the music they play.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you did not lose the contents of the bag?! We also have a lot of Salvation Army people here right now. We always give them something. Is the therapy helping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I made it home before it fell apart! My therapy last week went very well, but this week it was not so good. I have a new exercise that will hopefully help. I just have to be diligent and do it each day.

      Delete
    2. Ah, that is good! I always carry a nylon shopping bag in my purse. It looks like a hedgehog and comes in handy when I need a shopping bag. I do hope the exercise will help. I think I mentioned before that Veronika had to do exercises like that for about a year and it did help. Peter's nephew also had the same problem, but he needed surgery on that eye to correct it.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I don't remember the exercises Veronika did . . Did she do them twice a day . . once a day? It's not easy to be consistent I find. How wonderful that it was helpful for her.

      Delete
    4. I think just once a day. Dr. O'Connor in Elma was her doctor. He has treated many children and is an expert in his field.

      Delete
    5. This is good to hear :) I'm still plugging away at my exercises and am trying to be consistent. I find that when I'm tired my left eye isi particularly unresponsive.

      Delete
    6. Oh, I absolutely believe that! When I get tired, sometimes English is "hard."

      Delete
    7. Yes! When I'm tired my Long Island accent comes out and Greg and the girls find it very amusing.

      Delete