Tuesday, July 7, 2020

bringing home little aurélien

on saturday afternoon, at 12:30 pm, i drove out to astoria (after getting a coffee at chanda's cafe) to pick up kendall's friend leah for a drive to kendall's little cottage upstate. we made ourselves at home when we arrived and cooked a dinner for ourselves and for kendall for when she finally returned from the hospital at 10:45 that night. the good news was that little aurélien would be discharged from the hospital at noon on sunday, the next day.

----

sunday afternoon, 12:54 pm:

 welcoming the little one to bird cottage . . 

 what do you think of all this fuss, minerva?



 








 





 


 breakfast the next morning . . the plan was to have leah drive my car home monday afternoon, as she had work to get back to, and kendall and i would take our time getting back to the city tuesday morning in kendall's car.



 minerva and aurélien napping together . . 



 keeping a log of aurélien's feedings . .


 trying on the stretchy baby sling . . 




 tuesday morning's outfit for the homeward journey to nyc . . 

 good bye bird cottage, until another week or two . . when your little family from the city returns for cool country evening air, bird songs, and the summer breeze in the tree tops.

----

i had fun driving kendall's volkswagon car home. she, aurélien and minerva were cozy in the back seat, and we made good time getting back . . 

 welcome to the big apple, litte one.


 it's not easy being a furry big sister. povera minerva . . baby's cries are very loud and shrill. it's a lot to get used to, but i think they will become devoted pals.

 it would have been a difficult transition without chanda. she saved a parking spot and helped bring up all the bags.

thanks so much, chanda!

5 comments:

  1. You have been very busy with such a sweet baby. He looks like a good sleeper, no? And so much hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love all his hair. I had hair like that when I was born :) He is a good sleeper . . I think he has good digestion! I'm thankful for her that he's easy right now, especially with the virus limiting who can visit and help out. She has to make sure people have been good at quarantining.

      Delete
    2. Oh, this must be hard to have a baby right now. My brother and his wife just had one and they had to be so careful before she gave birth and I assume also now. I don't think I had much hair and I still have very fine hair.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos. Your friend has a lovely place in the country. Aurelien is just gorgeous, I miss those baby wearing days ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so sweet and is slowly getting pudgy! They truly are such special days. xoxo

      Delete