i haven't been feeling well these past few days. it finally got very hot and humid and i think i had a difficult time adjusting. i also was having allergy symptons (runny eyes and nose and lots of sneezing), all of which caused me to experience extreme dizziness, or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. i've had to be cautious about how i turn my head, and how i get up out of bed, as if i move too quickly, the room will suddenly spin and i'll get very nauseous. bending over has been impossible. i sometimes wonder if it's meniere's disease, as i have a constant low tinnitus, or ringing in my ears, along with moments of imbalance. i was reading online about holistic ways of alleviating these symptoms, so i think i need to be more diligent about my diet to see if there's any improvement. i've also been wanting to visit a naturopath who was recommended to me by a friend, but i've been waiting for chanda to finish up with her eye therapy sessions. i think she only has one more left, so perhaps i can set that in motion.
greg and i had gone to montauk last friday to sunday. i posted about that here.
----
this evening i made italian sweet fennel sausage with onions and peppers. chanda picked up the ingredients from the italian pork store for me this morning. it was so good, and korrina came by after her volunteer work to join us.
we had it with delicious seeded semolina bread, marinated mushrooms and green cracked olives.
master pluto is always looking for a tidbit.



I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Jonathan had something like this a few years ago and we took him to our chiropractor. He told us it was caused by an imbalance in his ears. We then took him to our pediatrician and he discovered lots of earwax built-up in his ears causing the dizziness. His sense of balance had been impaired. He removed some of the wax, but most of it was removed in the Ear Clinic in London. That fixed the problem! I don't know if this is what could be causing yours, but maybe it would be worthwhile looking into. I hope you will be feeling better for your birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the suggestion, Eva. Today is Sunday and I am feeling a little better. Greg helped me yesterday to try the "Epley Maneuver," which I think helped a little bit . . I'm also refraining from having dairy as I get congested so easily. It would be good for me to make an appointment for a check-up soon . .
DeleteI hope it will all clear up soon! What kind of maneuver is that?
DeleteIt's one of a few different ways of tilting one's head to realign the calcium crystals in the inner ear. It causes very intense dizziness and sometimes nausea for 30 seconds or so, but then helps to set one's balance right. However, they say it only supposedly helps if you have a certain type of vertigo . . and determining that can be difficult. I didn't try it for a few days because I wasn't sure what my problem was specifically . . but then, since I wasn't improving, I decided to give it a try. There are many different online websites that describe how to do it. I found the one by "motivational doc" most helpful.
DeleteI see, I had never heard of it. How are you feeling now?
DeleteI am so much better now, thank goodness!
DeleteWonderful!
DeleteSo sorry Dorina, vertigo and nausea is just plain awful. We’ve had quite a bit of humidity here which has been challenging. Sending love to you and I will be late for your birthday, boo xx
ReplyDeleteNo worries about the birthday, and I know how difficult it is with the humidity . . I hope you are doing okay with it xoxoxo
Delete