Thursday, June 18, 2020

thursday's dessert

 our friend charlotte sent us a homemade newspaper a few weeks ago, with "things to do during corona." this evening i finally made the strawberry shortcake recipe she had included in it.

 the cake part was more like a biscuit, which i really liked. i've never been a cake fan. greg was particularly happy to have a dessert, as i don't make dessert very often.

 the recipe . . 

 in the sprinkle times . . 

 quiz time: what is the perfect pet for you?

answers: mostly As . . you need a dog (i scored mostly As . . i guess i need a dog?)

i also made quinoa chili for dinner this evening, and i was supposed to listen to a lecture about alexander calder at 6 pm, which i had signed up for through the whitney museum. unfortunately, i forgot . . which i think is silly of me as i would have enjoyed listening to it while cooking. there are so many online zoom offerings that i can't keep up with the ones i sign up for. i hope i remember that the met opera is showing akhnaten on saturday and satyagraha on sunday (both philip glass).

6 comments:

  1. Love the Sprinkle Times, she has listed some great ideas and I love strawberry shortcake 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute "magazine"!! Oh, too bad you missed the lecture. Maybe you need a calendar just for Zoom meetings? Maybe that will be popular item pretty soon. Interesting that you are not a "cake person." I don't like the American custom of eating cake for dessert, I never serve it then. I prefer to have it in the afternoon with tea or coffee. Are those local strawberries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These weren't local strawberries, but I have been getting them at the green market on Saturdays.

      I definitely need a calendar for Zoom meetings!

      Delete
    2. I still have not seen one local strawberry this year.

      Delete
    3. Oh Eva!!! That's sad! Though, I have to say that strawberries seem to be best, lately, when you pick them yourself! We used to always go strawberry picking on the way to seeing my mom and dad. I miss that.

      Delete
    4. Maybe if we went to a farmer's market? But it is such a hassle right now to drive to one. They are all so far away, you need your masks, etc.

      Delete