Monday, May 11, 2020

tulips and toast

purple tulips seen on greenwich street when out walking today . .

and for dinner we had beet kale salad and avocado toast with a fried egg on top (also, leftover soup).

8 comments:

  1. Pretty tulip! And the food looks good. I do miss greens. You cannot buy them in our lousy supermarket, but Peter does not want to drive to Tops or Wegmans right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (sigh) I don't blame him. Maybe you could plant some in your garden?

      Delete
    2. Maybe, but you need to get some small plants or seed first. I don't where to get them these days.

      Delete
    3. Eva, I have some seed packets I could put in the mail for you on Monday! They're a few years old, but they might sprout for you. It might be fun to give it a try.

      Delete
    4. Oh, I think the girls would love that. The long-tailed-animals ate all ours, awful beasts! I could send you the money for the shipping, if that would help.

      Delete
    5. Oh no, no problem. It shouldn't be much at all. The packets are small and light.

      Delete
  2. Looking at all that food is making me hungry especially the strawberry and rhubarb pie. Sending belated hugs to you on your mum's birthday, I love the photo of the two of you, it would look lovely framed. It's mum mum's birthday today so we sang Happy Birthday via Whats App video and I managed to post her birthday bunting parcel this afternoon, all being well it should arrive tomorrow. Sending love from a rather chilly corner of the North West xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, San. Happy Birthday to your mum :) She's going to love the bunting so much. It's so pretty . . It was my brother-in-law's birthday today, the 13th. I sent him a card and will call tomorrow . . since I didn't make the call today :P

      Delete