spring river flowers moon night
the river is smooth and calm this evening,
the peony flowers bloom.
the moon floats on the current.
the tide carries the stars.
qian qi (china, tang dynasty)
----
my sunday afternoon walk photos:
say hello to the goose family . .
chanda saw them a week ago, and they crossed my path this afternoon . .
evening treat . . chanda and emily walked downtown today, to battery park city and visited duane park patisserie . . . and chanda brought back two small lemon tarts for greg and i.
the river is smooth and calm this evening,
the peony flowers bloom.
the moon floats on the current.
the tide carries the stars.
qian qi (china, tang dynasty)
----
my sunday afternoon walk photos:
say hello to the goose family . .
chanda saw them a week ago, and they crossed my path this afternoon . .
i'm sure they're waiting for their goslings to grow before moving on . .
evening treat . . chanda and emily walked downtown today, to battery park city and visited duane park patisserie . . . and chanda brought back two small lemon tarts for greg and i.















Do your peonies bloom? Ours are not that far yet. Happy Memorial Day!
ReplyDeleteYes, peonies are in bloom here!
DeleteOurs are still not blooming, too early!
DeleteThose geese are so cute! We have seen the ducks again, but no young ones so far. You seeds arrived and the girls immediately planted some. Thanks so much! What a thoughtful present. Lots of love, I feel more normal again because the temperature has dropped.
ReplyDeleteLast night was our first humid evening . . now we feel that summer is on its way. I'm glad it's cooler for you. It's warm here tonight, but not uncomfortably so. I'm wishing for a mild summer!
DeleteAnd I'm glad your received the seeds! I hope they grow for you. They are a few years old.
DeleteWe had some storms going through today, all is wet. We also have a leak from the upstairs bathroom. We had a plumber here, but it is still leaking. This is very annoying because the leak is above the washing-machine. It makes brown spots all over the washing-machine and laundry. I wish this was had been built better.
DeleteOh, how frustrating about the leak! I think you just finished doing the downstairs bathroom? And now the upstairs is causing problems :( and to have the plumber there, but to still have it leaking . . . just annoying! We've been battling ants yesterday and today . . not a lot, but enough that they needed to be dealt with! They were coming in through the window panes. I don't know why. This has never happened before. I watched them crawling around the window sill and kept saying, "what are you looking for!?" I have no idea what they're scouting for along the window. They weren't on the herb plants I have there.
DeleteThe downstairs one was redone two years ago. The upstairs one is even older than the downstairs one was. It needs a major remodeling job, but all those things are so expensive. All children shower up their (except Flora). Maybe the shower is not handling so many people.
DeleteAnts, we always get some every year. The sugar-loving ones take Terro and it works like a charm. However, we also have meat-loving ones. Peter found some poison from California, which is very effective. If yours don't go away, I could give you the name of that kind. Both kinds are eaten by the ants and they carry it back to their nests. My dad also complained about ants coming in through the door and into the bathroom. He hates ants. Could yours have smelled cat food? That is what our meat-loving ones are after.
I found out that it was the herb plants I had bought at the green market. They had aphids. Ants like to eat aphids.
DeleteYes, that is true, they do.
Delete