we had dinner a little earlier this evening as chanda and i thought it would be fun to watch a star wars movie since it was may fourth. for star wars geeks, may fourth has become a fun star wars day: "may the fourth be with you."
korrina joined in via whats app and we watched a phantom menace.
i'm knitting socks with yarn from the olive yarn dye company which i purchased at the 2018 vogue knitting live.





I have to admit, I have never ever watched Star Wars. When I was growing up, it was on TV (in German) of course, and we were not allowed to watch anything like that. I guess I also never cared for futuristic movies. Peter has watched all the old ones and likes them. I am quite outdated!
ReplyDeleteI remember very clearly seeing the first film when it came out in 1977. It came out in May, and that summer I was in California visiting with my aunt and uncle. My cousin took me to see the film with two of her very good friends. They were all older than me by eight years and I felt so grown up to be out with them. That delight (and camaraderie--they would take me on beach and dinner excursions), along with the excitement and joy of the film, created a magical summer for me. The new films have brought extra happiness and fun for me since K, M and C enjoy watching them too. Plus, I never tire of telling them about when it all began (and they don't seem to tire of hearing it)!
DeleteSo this is extra special for you then! I was just 9 when it came out!
Delete