all in together, girls.
how do you like the weather, girls?
january, february, march . .
the above is a jump rope song i used to jump to with my friends on the block when i was ten . . and the ages that swirl about ten years . . nine, eleven . . eight, seven . .
i don't like the weather much these days! we're currently having a very mild winter and my body is prepped for cold, but there is no cold. the weather isn't bad, it's just not what we're accustomed to having. because of that i feel discombobulated and a little off balance . .
it's actually been a very busy january for us. we had eva's charlotte come and stay for a bit while she danced in a ballet workshop. that same weekend korrina and i attended the vogue knitting live event, and the week before and after the knitting event i helped korrina move into a new apartment in queens (an important move for her that cut her work commute in half). so! i actually have many, many photos to share. why haven't i shared them? i honestly don't know. possible excuses may be that i had a very mild flu last week (no fever or vomiting, just a dizzy, achy and weak body), i have a cold this week, and we also have another visitor this week so greg and i finally had to catch up on the laundry and cleaning from when morgana and jenny left. i've also been knitting and re-organizing and sorting books (sadly, we have way too many books).
morgana sent a pic from school. i believe they are about to rehearse chekov's the cherry orchard.
i asked korrina for a pic of the view from her new subway station. nice, isn't it!!
and yesterday i met my friend kendall (whose clown show i helped with in november) at a new restaurant in the neighborhood (banter). i had jasmine tea and falafel with a beet cashew dip, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and goat cheese. kendall had eggs with a kale salad and bacon. it was all rather amazingly delicious.
----
and now i must get ready to run out to see my friend sacha at burdick's where i might get a hot chocolate . . or maybe tea, since they have mariage freres, which is a very good tea!



I think I know what you mean, I need seasons as well, meaning cold and snow in the winter and a real summer from June on. Hope you get better soon, I think I caught a cold as well. The food looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie xo
DeleteHave you ever tried taking Influenzinum on a weekly basis? We bought the Combo with Thymuline and are taking both products once a week. So far, we have stayed healthy. The local school had Influenza B, over 100 children got sick, so the flu is definitely around.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the influenzinum suggestion. I'll look for it in my health food store. I usually do very well with broth in the morning and vitamin C and vitamin D, but I haven't kept up with it these past two months. Perhaps, I'm tired of them and should try taking something else for a change :)
Delete