Wednesday, February 22, 2017

pics from wednesday's walk

such a grey day at seventh avenue and twelfth street . . the cabs are almost iridescent . .

heading uptown to chacott to pick up a pair of pointe shoes for chanda . . 

i think these old buildings are so beautiful!


union square . . 

and the marquis de lafayette.

coffee and yogurt and granola at paradis . . 


chanda's shoes . . 

on my way now to our local health for store for a few groceries and passing by the park again at university place and fourteenth street . . 

witch hazel in the garden of st. luke in the fields . . 

home again at dusk . . 

----

here's a pic from this morning! chanda and i had breakfast at buvette!

5 comments:

  1. We are both walking around in big cities! What tree is the one with the yellow catkins (or blossoms)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot to write what that was! It's Witch Hazel!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think I have never really seen witch hazel.

      Delete
    3. It's such an interesting plant and blooms when everything else is dormant. It's native to North American and is sometimes called "winterbloom."

      Delete
    4. We have witch hazel on campus, but I did not know that until recently. Winterbloom is an apt name.

      Delete