it felt like a quiet weekend, which was nice. saturday night chanda and i went with her friend to a performance by american ballet theatre's studio company and students from the royal ballet school. they performed at new york university's skirball theatre. i was really glad we attended and really enjoyed the evening. my favorite pieces were a dance by helgi thomasson (director of san francisco ballet) and a dance by liam scarlett (a choreographer with royal ballet). the former was danced by royal ballet students and the latter was danced by a mix of both. chanda felt that the royal students were stronger in terms of their technique and dance ability . . . and i think i agree with her, though all the students were very good! i also preferred the dances that the royal chose for their students to do.
chanda rehearsed on sunday (now she's working on her new solo piece for her modern dance teacher's end of year recital) and morgana got some more skiing in before packing to leave austria for paris.
playing quiddler after dinner this evening . .
it's a fun game . . i had never played it before but found out the girls played it often at their friends' house. chanda and i also managed to get a movie in . . we watched ratatouille while knitting. it's nice to have dinner early on sundays.
beautiful tirol . .
i don't think i would mind living in tirol.







Yes I think Tirol would be nice too. We love the ratatouille film :-). Interesting that Chanda has her mouth covered when dyeing is that because of the particular combo or is it regular practice st your end? I must admit I have worn gloves but not a mask.
ReplyDeleteI thought Chanda was being a bit particular. I wear a mask when I dye with the harsh chemicals, but the logwood is rather benign. The plant dyes don't bother me. I don't think I wore gloves either, but I probably should.
DeleteYour snow is all gone! I think we have Quiddler too, but I have never played it.
ReplyDelete