Thursday, May 21, 2015

neunzehn!

heute ist morganas geburtstag! 

sie musst in österreich feiern weil hier ist ein flasche champagne . . 

mit ein stück sachertorte!

wir wünschen dir einen wundershönen tag morgana!

(eva, korrigierst du bitte mein deutsch?)

4 comments:

  1. Tue ich gerne:

    Heute ist Morganas Geburtstag!
    Sie muss (muß) in Österreich feiern. I am not sure why you used "weil" then. It means "because," but that does not make sense: She has to celebrate in Austria because here is a bottle of Champagne?

    Mit einem Stück Sacher Torte!

    Wir wünschen Dir einen wunderschönen Tag, Morgana!

    Auch ich wünsche Dir alles Gute, Morgana!

    Funny to see the Engish "Happy Birthday" in the picture :). Tomorrow is Flora's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was trying to say that she must be celebrating in austria because it would be unlikely for a 19 year old in nyc to celebrate her birthday with champagne. she would have to be 21.

      thanks for your corrections :) and happy birthday to flora. i think you will be on the road for her special day?

      Delete
    2. I see, I will come up with a good German way to say that. We are in Colorado, we had a beautiful drive through Utah, but the food there is SOOOO bad!! Flora opened her presents in Grand Junction, CO. Now she is asleep. We got in a really bad thunder storm. We have not seen so much rain for months. The sky was all black and it poured.

      Morgana muß hier in Österreich feiern, weil man auf dem Foto eine Flasche Sekt (Most people I know prefer the word "Sekt" to "Champagner.") sieht. In NYC wäre das nicht möglich.

      Delete
  2. She would have also celebrated with champagne here in the UK. Loved catching up, I hope you get the baby blanket finished it looks so soft and snuggly.

    I am on instagram under the user name woollywanderer, you'll have to add me!

    We are on a go slow with health but are making small daily improvements :-)

    San xx

    ReplyDelete