Saturday, December 20, 2025

holiday shopping

greg and i had different chores and errands to do in the morning and then we finally met at union square to look together for a record for my nephew. after visiting barnes and noble (which didn't have what we wanted) we headed to petco for cat food . . 

and ran into santa! was santa in petco . . 

and were these pups and their owners waiting to see him? 

i think they were because here's santa on the balcony by the cat food aisle! i also overheard a manager whispering to santa that a line had formed and he needed to come in and visit with the customers. greg and i were very amused and today when reading an article about christmas trees i saw a long island pet store ad with the times that santa would be available to meet their customers' pets. i guess it's a thing to do these days! i think it's very cute and very crazy. 



we had not eaten breakfast and at 1 pm we were very hungry and happy to find a cozy diner near where we were shopping.

lots of food! half of the wrap sandwiches came home with us.

the grinch kept an eye on us as we ate.

walking home . . such a beautiful sky.

(we were at janet's solstice party for a little while in the evening where we saw several homeschooling friends we hadn't seen in years!)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky indeed
    And a lovely day
    Milo caught a live rat last night and brought it home - he is not happy with me for confiscating it !
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how you confiscated a rat! Was it dead? Oh Milo . .

      Delete
  2. My neighbour came to help with his friend , a Veterinarian- by the time we got back to mine the rat , to quote Monty Python , was an ex rat !
    Milo caught another rat this morning- he is I think feeling fit and well and using the rats as Christmas gifts - but it is the drawback of having an outdoor cat !
    Sending love
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at his rat prowess but hope he doesn't find anymore. I would not like such a gift!

      Delete
  3. We went shopping on the same day! We saw the sleigh from the Grinch movie! Why did you not eat breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's funny! My sister would say, great minds think alike :) How funny to see the sleigh . . and we didn't have breakfast because we began chores and errands right away! It was just one of those mornings . . he had paperwork to finish that had to go to his brother in regard to his mom's estate, and he also ran an errand for Kendall because Aurelien was sick and I was going over the checking account and feeding and cleaning up after the cats and putting in some laundry . . I guess we thought it all wouldn't take so long, but we kept adding things on :)

      Delete
    2. It is privately owned now, and the owner showed it to us. He was very proud. Ah, I see, that is a lot to do. I think I would have felt very grumpy without breakfast :).

      Delete