tea and stollen at 10:03 in the morning when the sun was at it's most southern point . .
after which we went with chanda in search of a tree in the neighborhood and found one on seventh avenue. it was a concolor fir, one of our favorites as it has soft needles and a light bark. we were surprised to find one! chanda even talked the tree salesperson down a little in price . . good negotiating!
sawing off the tip before putting it in the stand . .
time for a pluto inspection . .
it's late now and i'm very tired. i just finished going over three lists and consolidated them for what needs to be done tomorrow and tuesday. we missed a solstice celebration at a local garden that we had considered going to, and i also missed a zoom get together with knitting friends and bayron handknits that was at 4 pm. there was just so much to do today. (i've missed the knitting get together for the past three months . . well, here's hoping for january.) anyway . .
happy solstice . .
and happy fourth sunday of advent.








Happy Solstice! We got our trees at almost the same time :). Yours is very pretty! I have to look at all my lists tomorrow. We are so behind with our Christmas preparations. Flora is sick, and Charlotte left again. Jonathan is coming tomorrow. But we did clean the house today. Did you bake the Stollen?
ReplyDeleteNo, I bought the stollen from a bakery on 17th Street. But Chanda and I did make biscotti today, and I prepared butter cookie dough. Tomorrow I will bake gingerbread. Cleaning the house is a big accomplishment! But, I know the feeling of being behind on preparations and also accepting when they all would not happen! There's only so much we can do, and time doesn't stop. It's nice that Jonathan will be home tomorrow, though I know you will miss Charlotte. I always miss Morgan very much when she's not here at holiday time. I'm wishing better health for Flora! And wishing you smooth sailing with the preparation you can do :) Lots of love to you Eva xoxo
DeleteMaking Stollen is always a big undertaking. My mom never made it, but my grandmother always did and then shared it with us. Funny, we never bake gingerbread. We only bake my German family Christmas cookies. I feel so much more ready for Christmas when the house is clean! Yes, the older I get, the more I have to pace myself. Everything seems to take longer. When we were having supper with Jonathan, we all commented on how sad it was that Charlotte was gone again. Flora is taking a bath right now. I think her cough is getting better. She is also a bit stronger today. I think our crafting will have to wait until the 26th maybe? Thanks so much for all your kind words.
Delete:) xoxo
Delete