Thursday, March 21, 2024

sunny and cold

 
milly's new "doo," but since her coat is now much shorter, it's good for her to wear her fleece jacket because the temperature dropped 15 degrees this week, from 56 last week to 41 today. it was 28 this morning when greg left for work.

in this photo she's looking at me plaintively, wanting me to carry her up the stairs. i managed to get her to the third floor before caving in and scooping her up for the last flight. she sometimes gets confused on that floor, thinking it's the fourth and where she lives. who can resist that adorable furry face? 

some photos from today's walk:

we were in soho directly across the street from: 

the franciscan friary for st. anthony of padua church (located just behind it on sullivan street).

built in 1886 and designed by british architect arthur crooks who lived in nyc and designed many buildings for the roman catholic church in new york and connecticut.

back at home . . waiting for her pupperoni treat.

4 comments:

  1. The friary looks very interesting! Is that the church Charlotte went to last time? It was 23 when we left to go to the museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look interesting! I thought you would enjoy seeing it. This is is a different church. Charlotte went to Our Lady of Pompeii which I have a picture of on the Vernal Equinox, Tuesday, March 19th (such a pretty church) post. This is St. Anthony's of Padua (I love the names!) and I've been in the basement for voting, but not in the sanctuary yet.
      23!! Brrr!

      Delete
  2. Has Milly recovered from her surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to be recovered, but I feel like she's walking a little more slowly.

      Delete