
today i met korrina for a coffee at a new cafe/restaurant she wanted to see. they haven't begun putting pastries out yet, but their coffee was very good. since they didn't have food we walked to three of cups for a bite to eat.
korrina's beautiful mittens she just finished (pattern by brandi cheyenne harper from her book, knitting for radical self-care).
and a work in progress . .
(golden latte and a hot chocolate)
delicious paté . .
what i came home to (i think they were hunting a spider). (and, yes, it was raining for my walk home.)






That is so funny! Leo gets very into hunting all kinds of insects. He finds millipedes in the basements and brings them upstairs and he is obsessed with stinkbugs! We found a stinkbug in a lamp and Leo had found it the same time and wanted to get it, but Charlotte took it away. Now he just sits under the lamp and stares at it, trying to find out where it went. That was over a week ago, but we keep finding him looking for the stinkbug.
ReplyDeleteThose mittens are lovely; she is such a talented knitter! Is that turmeric in the cup?
That was mustard in the cup . . I do always enjoy seeing what K's projects are . . Leo is so funny! It's wonderful to hear about his hunting adventures! :)
DeleteNo, I mean in the coffee :). Leo found another stinkbug in a lamp last night and was VERY excited!
DeleteHa ha . . oh, that's a funny misunderstanding. Yes, it's tumeric and actually, there's no coffee, just steamed milk and a little sugar (or sometimes I like to make it with honey).
DeleteAh, that is what I thought! Oh, no coffee. When I was little and we had a cold coming on, we would always get a cup of hot milk with a tablespoon of melted butter and honey.
DeleteSo comforting! Did you enjoy it? I used to make it for myself when pregnant.
DeleteI loved it!
Delete:)
Delete