Monday, March 18, 2024

cat photos

 
sunday lunch . . we had another appointment with a window installation person to see about having two windows replaced.

trying to see if just the mechanism can be replaced, rather than the whole window.

setting up his monitor and computer for monday's work.

cricket was trying to see inside the box . .


funny how a yawn can look so sinister . . 

"why am i not out there?"

sweet zuzu . . 

gargoyle . . 

the peepers were out. 

12 comments:

  1. Cute cats! The Spring Peepers were singing here the other day too, but now it is snowing again. Is it possible to repair the windows? Windows are so expensive! We replaced four, but there are still a few that need to be replaced, but we have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen window definitely needs to be replace, but we're hoping to repair the bedroom window.
      I can't believe you are getting more snow! Oh, but maybe I can . . I know snow can continue into April!
      When will your peeper frogs begin singing again . . I wonder how many days after the snow leaves?

      Delete
    2. Ah, good that the bedroom window might just need some repairs. It is so cold here, 15 degrees right now. I think it might get warmer next week. I hope that the spring peepers have not died.

      Delete
    3. I read on Wikipedia that the peeper frogs have a special substance that is released from their liver to protect their organs from freezing damage . . so I wonder how warm they need it to be to come out of this dormancy. You'll have to listen! It's been going down to 28 here in the city, and up to the low 40's during the day. We had sun yesterday and now again today. So nice to have the sunshine!

      Delete
    4. Oh, that is good to know. I have not heard them again, but it has been so cold. We also had some sun today. Have you thought about buying a leash for the cats?

      Delete
    5. Yes, I have thought about getting a leash for the cats. I really need to. Cricket would enjoy going out.

      Delete
  2. We heard spring peepers while doing our home ecology class in Letchworth. They have not died :). It must have been in the 50s, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I was hoping I would hear from you about them :)

      Delete
    2. We also heard toads singing when we went on our latest nature walk at Letchworth! Very funny sound. Conrad pointed them out to us.

      Delete
    3. I have an app on my phone that allows me to differentiate bird song . . I've learned the songs of the Carolina Wren and the Veery that way . . I wonder if there is one for toads and frogs!!!! I'd love to know the different calls I hear in the night.

      Delete
    4. Maybe there is a night sound app :))).

      Delete